How about adding beef to your cocktails?
From burgers to beef wellingtons, it's hugely popular – how about adding beef to your cocktails?
The burger is a cult dish and enjoys general popularity. The USDA reports that Americans collectively consumed a whopping 30 billion pounds of beef in 2021, which equates to nearly 60 pounds per person per year. Beef sandwiches, tacos and more are devoured every day and the taste fills the mouth. People are returning to pre-pandemic habits and cooking less at home, according to a global Gallup-Cookpad poll. Generation Z and Millennials enjoy retro dishes like beef wellington, casseroles and more, but prefer classics. How about adding beef to your cocktails?
RELATED: Science Says Medical Marijuana Improves Quality of Life
Savory cocktails are becoming increasingly popular in craft lounges. So why not add a favorite variety? Earlier this year, the parmesan espresso martini took TikTok by storm, turning a seemingly hideous combination into a bona fide trend. Dirty martinis have even made the leap from drink to food, inspiring everything from salty salad dressing to olive-studded pasta. This points to the wider acceptance of savory cocktail flavors, particularly in combinations outside the norm.
Beefy Bloody Mary
Take a morning favorite and transform it from a “salad” to a “main dish.” The added depth of beef broth will warm your heart and stomach on any day.
- 2 ounces V8 tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix
- 2 oz Swanson Organic Beef Broth
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp Tabasco
- 1½ ounces vodka
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprig for garnish
- Add all ingredients except thyme to a highball glass and stir.
- Add ice; Stir a little to cool and dilute slightly. G
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme
RELATED: Most Popular Marijuana Flavors
Bring out your inner cowboy/cowgirl with this drink. Rich, nuanced and delicious, this drink will put a big smile on your face.
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup chilled, double-rich, double-strength canned beef broth
- Lime wedge
- Mix Worcestershire and salt in a jar
- Add ice cubes
- Pour vodka and then broth over it
- Garnish with a lime wedge