Hemp oil and CBD oil
There is a lot of interest in the hemp and CBD industries these days, now you might think that hemp seeds and CBD oil are the same, but you’d be wrong. So what’s the difference you might be wondering? Let’s try to explain the difference.
The main difference between CBD oil and hemp oil is that hemp oil contains little or no CBD content. Hemp seed oil, as the name suggests, is made from the seeds. CBD oil is made from the leaves and stem of the plant.
The best way to tell if a product is hemp oil or CBD oil is to read the label.
Hemp oil is known as “hemp oil” or “hemp seed oil”. It is possible that the more scientific name could be used. “Cannabis Seed Oil” or “Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil”.
For CBD oil, check for the words “cannabidiol” or “CBD” on the packaging.
Photo credit: healthline.com
What is hemp oil?
Hemp or hemp oil is obtained from the seeds of the cannabis sativa plant. The hemp seeds are pressed to extract the oil, and the resulting oil is bottled, sometimes refined and further processed before bottling.
Hemp oil is rich in omega fatty acids, vitamin E and protein.
Photo credit: draxe.com
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is also extracted from the cannabis sativa plant. However, instead of extracting from the seeds, CBD oil is extracted from the flowers, leaves and stems of the mature plants. CBD oil can be extracted in a number of ways, including carbon dioxide, ethanol, and even olive oil. The extraction method has a particular influence on the quality of the CBD oil and the CBD content in the oil.
CBD oils come in three different flavors: full spectrum CBD oil, broad spectrum CBD oil, and CBD isolates.
Credit for Photo: repreneur.com
If you’ve read about the health and wellness trends of the past year, you’ve probably heard of hemp and CBD oils. Both oils can improve your health in different ways.
In short, cannabis seed oil, made from the seeds of the cannabis plant, does not contain CBD but has health benefits. It is often lauded for its nutritional benefits derived from healthy fats and vitamins. Hemp oil contains up to 25 times more omegas than olive oil, while it contains less than 40% of saturated fats. It also has potential for treating skin conditions and PMS symptoms, according to some studies.
On the other hand, CBD oil is a chemical compound extracted from the leaves, flowers and stems of the same plant.
Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils can contain small amounts of THC. While CBD oil isolate only contains the cannabinoids from the plant extract.
It can be used to treat everything from stress, depression, and anxiety to epilepsy and insomnia.
Will Hemp Oil or CBD Oil Get You High?
The ingredients in cannabis that produce the euphoric stoners high are THC. Hemp oil does not contain THC, and even full and broad spectrum CBD oils must have less than 0.3% THC, which is not enough to get high.
Similarities Between Hemp Oil and CBD Oil
- Both are oils.
- Both can come from parts of the cannabis plant.
- Neither is exhilarating.
- Both can be applied topically or ingested.
The difference between hemp oil and CBD oil
- Each comes from a different part of the plant.
- While hemp oil can only be obtained from industrial hemp varieties, CBD oil can be obtained from several different hemp plants.
- Reputable CBD oils are accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis (COA) listing the exact ingredients of the product. Hemp oil does not carry a COA.
- According to federal law, CBD oil can contain up to 0.3% THC. Hemp oil does not contain THC. State and local laws can add additional regulations.
- Some states have laws that apply to the distribution and production of CBD. The free hemp oil is not subject to any such restriction.
- Hemp oil is a nutritious oil. It does not contain cannabinoids and does not benefit from the entourage effect.
- Hemp oil can be bought from Amazon, but CBD cannot.
- Hemp oil has been used in beauty products for several years, but CBD is relatively new to all industries.
- Although they can be applied or ingested topically, the more likely you are using hemp oil topically and ingesting CBD oil.
Are you ready to start your CBD journey?
Whether you want to reduce discomfort or normal inflammation, reduce stress or sleep well, you can find a cannabis plant-based product to help you.
When you try to choose between hemp Oil or CBD oil, make your choice and choose the oil that you think is best for you. We recommend that you always check the ingredients on the packaging and consult a doctor first.