Cannabis psychosis linked to schizophrenic genes, not marijuana use, says new study

If you smoke cannabis today, you have likely been told that it “MUCH INCREASES THE ODDS OF PSYCHOSIS!”

This is nonsense, of course, but it does not mean that those who promote this narrative are not doing everything in their power to continue to spread falsehoods.

New research from King’s College in London found that cannabis users with a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia are the ones who are really at risk.

The funny thing is – people with a predisposition to schizophrenia can trigger psychosis by losing their job or suddenly letting someone in their family die. In other words, any type of trauma could potentially be the trigger that sends you down the rabbit hole of schizophrenia.

Take a look at the study

The study used data from a biomedical database that contained detailed information about the health and genome of the participants. The researchers specifically examined the relationship between genetics, cannabis use, and psychotic experiences.

The data was accessed by 109,308 people.

To understand the relationship between these three elements (cannabis, schizophrenia, and genetics), they looked at reports on the frequency of patient use and whether they had a psychotic experience.

These psychotic experiences were either auditory or visual hallucinations. The researchers then assessed each participant’s genetic risk for schizophrenia by analyzing DNA mutilations that are more common in the schizophrenic patient population.

The results!

Researchers found that cannabis users were generally 50% more likely to report psychotic experiences than non-users. However, 60% of these had the highest risk ratings for schizophrenia and 40% had the lowest risk ratings.

Still – it’s not very clear if any of them were “not at risk” for schizophrenia? If autidoric hallucinations and visual hallucinations are viewed as “psychotic episodes” – how much of these episodes were temporarily induced by cannabis – that is, the patient was high.

This is what the study’s authors had to say:

“While this study is limited in scope, it is an important step forward in understanding how cannabis use and genetics can work together to influence risk of psychosis,” says Dr. Shreejoy Tripathy, lead author on the study.

“The more we know about the relationship between cannabis and psychosis, the more we can educate the public about the potential risks of using this substance. This research offers a window into a future where genetics can help individuals make more informed decisions about drug use. ” – Source

What does it all mean in plain language?

First, the initial claim that “cannabis causes psychosis” shows us that it is inherently wrong. Those with a predisposition to schizophrenia have a higher prevalence than those who don’t. This shouldn’t shock people – it was the norm.

What we can see, however, is that this research should be excluded from final claims before the “further research” is completed.

While those with a predisposition to schizophrenia are more likely to develop psychosis, the majority of non-predisposed consumers have little to no risk. For example, no particular strain of cannabis can cause schizophrenia.

However, when it comes to cannabis, lawmakers want to make sure we abide by the rules that keep schizophrenics safe. I don’t see the same type of testing of other legal substances like alcohol or tobacco or even food.

The peanut analogy

Following the logic of our current cannabis laws – where we “need more research” on absolutely everything – we should apply the same level of control to every consumable.

Take peanuts, for example.

PEANUT ALLERGY IS THE SECOND MOST COMMON FOOD ALLERGY IN CHILDREN AND IS RISING. It affects about 1 in 50 children and 1 in 200 adults.

In the general population, only one percent of people will develop it in their lifetime. However, if one parent has schizophrenia, the children have a 10 percent chance of developing the disease – and a 90 percent chance not to develop it.

In other words, peanut allergies have a higher prevalence than schizophrenia. And even within the percentile of potential schizophrenics, there is no “guarantee” that psychosis will ever show up. The genes could remain inactive for the entire life of the patient.

On the other hand, peanuts are everywhere! The chances of consuming a rogue peanut and causing a child to anaphylactic shock are quite high.

Under the rhetoric of the cannabis laws, we must restrict peanuts for everyone! If someone is caught selling peanuts, we should lock them up and confiscate their properties!

We should run campaigns to educate people about the dangers of peanuts and how a small part of the population could be “potentially” negatively affected by its spread!

If this sounds a little “wrong” to you, just swap the word peanuts for cannabis and you’re talking about the exact same thing. Of course, peanuts can’t get you up – but they could kill you!

Why is it stupid to care for the most vulnerable!

We are seeing a movement within lawmakers trying to regulate cannabis for the “weakest among us”. That is not really the government’s responsibility.

We are not giving the government authority to regulate our diet, despite the fact that heart disease is the No. 1 killer in the United States and is directly related to poor diet.

We don’t ban cars because “some drivers may be drunk”. We do not ban all peanuts as some children are at risk of eating them if they are eaten.

However, we have no problem giving the government control of a plant like cannabis, the coca plant, mushrooms or opium.

For some reason, if something can get you “high”, it’s instantly dangerous. The question is, who is it a danger to?

Personally, I believe that the danger we as a government fear from these mind-altering substances is not to health, but to narrative. People who have a tendency to use cannabis or psychedelics are quick to discover how much nonsense is in the official narrative.

Perhaps these “mind-altering” substances and subsequent “fear studies” are supposed to keep most people from discovering the truth – government history is full of holes for action!

That’s the main reason for those psychotic horrors, if you ask me.

MARIJUANA AND SCHIZOPHRENIA, READ MORE …

SMOKING MARIJUANA LEADED TO SCHIZOPHRENIA

Does weed smoking cause schizophrenia in some people?

OR..

TRIGGER MARIJUANA SCHIZOPHRENIA

USING CANNABIS AND PROVIDING FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA? CLICK HERE!

Post a comment:

Your email address will not be published.