Become the breeder – how to make your own feminized cannabis seeds

The other day I was talking about starting your own seed bank – today we’re going to take a closer look at how to make your own feminized seeds.

Feminized seeds are great because they reduce the chances of getting men – which is counterproductive when trying to grow the most potent weed on the planet.

As you can imagine, when men can be eliminated from the start, the cost of surgery cuts down. You won’t waste light, water, or nutrients on an unwanted plant.

Today we’re going to take a closer look at how you can make your own feminized seeds

Why be feminized?

As I briefly mentioned above – feminized seeds increase efficiency. People don’t smoke the male plant – but you already knew that, right? And if not – now!

Once you’ve feminized seeds you can cut out the top flower because the moment a man is present – with the ability to pollen – your fems can get pregnant and stop producing THC.

And we know you want the THC!

If you take semen regularly, you can expect a 50/50 ratio, which means 50% male and 50% female.

Feminized seeds shift the odds in your favor and you have a 99% chance of getting women and a 1% chance of getting a man. We’re not completely eliminating male genetics – but 99% is almost perfect, so let’s take it!

The idea behind plant feminization is that the female plants are forced to produce pollen which is then used to pollen other women. This results in almost pure female genetics being passed down to the spawn – thus getting women 99% of the time!

Ethylene reduction!

“Applications that lower the ethylene content in tissues or antagonize the action of ethylene result in the formation of male rather than female flowers” – Paraphrase, Byers et al., 1972.

In other words, in order to make pollen sacs in women, you need to use solutions to force it. Some of them include benzothiadiazole, gibberellic acid, silver thiosulfate, silver nitrate, and colloidal silver.

For those of you who sit at home and think, “How the hell am I going to get all of this?” Colloidal silver is by far the easiest to source or manufacture.

You can buy it from a pharmacy or get it online with relative ease. The other solutions mentioned are far more difficult to get your hands on and can be dangerous. Nurseries also sell gibberellic acid – which is not dangerous but less effective than colloidal silver.

Use of colloidal silver

The first and most recommended option for making your own feminized seeds is to use colloidal silver. Colloidal silver is a distilled water-based solution that contains microscopic silver particles that are suspended in the solution.

Colloidal means that these particles never settle or cannot be removed by normal filtering.

The good thing is that colloidal silver is readily available, but you can also make your own, which we will talk about later.

When buying, you will be looking for a strength of 30 ppm, but at least 15 pmm. Lower than this produces male sacs with little viable pollen.

To use this solution effectively. You want to get a clone into the flowering stage, or if you are growing from seed – wait for the plant to show you its gender.

After sex, spray the colloidal silver three times a day every day if you have time. Soak them well! You should do this for at least 2 weeks and then you can let the plant grow as usual.

When sex determination begins, you will quickly find that the calyxes produce pollen sacs as the males develop faster than the females. Expect a viable feminized pollen sac around 4 weeks after sex.

When this happens make sure they are away from the other females or they will start pollen the other plants – unless you are into that sort of thing!

Can you smoke the colloidal plant?

I’m sorry to say, in order to make a feminized seed plant – you have to sacrifice the plant. As mentioned earlier, the colloidal silver cannot be filtered, and even if it is rinsed it will not be removed. You have to get rid of it completely.

I wouldn’t even use that for composting. It’s just a write-off – but that’s fine since you got what you’re looking for.

Bottom line

In a next article I’ll talk more about making your own colloidal silver, but for now – I think we can leave it where it is.

It’s a lot easier to just buy it, but I know there are some hardcore DIY people out there who want to do this themselves. For now, I just hope I managed to inspire you to start your own feminized production! I’m sure after sowing this gorilla glue that I am breeding.

What about you? Will you be feminized?

DONE, READ MORE …

TOP 10 FEMINED SEEDS

TOP FEMINIZED SEEDS ON THE MARKET TODAY, READ HERE!

OR..

SINSEMILLA FEMINIZED CANNABIS

WHAT IS SINSEMILLA AND ARE YOU FEMINIZED PLANTS?

Post a comment:

Your email address will not be published.